Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
As seen in 2002 Reminisce Magazine
- 6 pork chops, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mace or 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Brown pork chops quickly in a little fat in a heavy skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In slow cooker stir together half of the can of cherry pie filling, lemon juice, mace, and bouillon granules.Mix well.
- Place pork chops on top of mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours.
- Warm the other half of cherry pie filling and pass in sauce dish when serving chops.
I wanted to make this for tonights dinner, but I chose it too late to do it in the crock pot. I followed the directions browning the chops in nonstick spray, and mixed the remaining ingredients (I used the nutmeg because I didn't have any mace). Then I put the cherry mixture into a 13x9x2 pan sprayed with nonstick spray, and topped with pork chops. I covered them and baked them at 350 for about 40 minutes, then uncovered for about 10 more. My kids LOVED them! Next time I'll plan ahead and do them in the crock pot. Thanks for posting!