1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Cherry Cobbler
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
bluemoon downunder's Note:
The cobbler takes its name from the biscuit dough crust on top - it is rough looking or 'cobbled'. The Dictionary of Americanisms traces the first instance of the word cobbler (as it applies to a pie dish) in print to 1859: "Cobbler...a sort of pie, baked in a pot lined with dough of great thickness, upon which fruit is placed." This is a C21st version of the cobbler, adapted from Betty Crocker's 'Slow Cooker Cookbook'. A delicious cobbler which you can make in minutes and have ready just when you need it without heating up the kitchen, or having to check it in the oven when you're preparing or enjoying your main course. Using your crock pot for desserts is a fabulous way to simplify meal preparation, particularly when you have guests. This recipe can easily be varied to make other cobblers: using berries, peaches or apples, or by combining perhaps raspberries and strawberries or apples and peaches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, I use brown sugar but any sugar should be fine
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk, low-fat is fine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon cherry flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1Lightly grease the inside of a 31/2-quart(31/2 litre) crock pot, or spray it with cooking spray.
- 2Place the pie filling into the crock pot.
- 3Beat the remaining ingredients until the consistency of the batter is smooth.
- 4If adding liqueur and/or slivered almonds, add these to the batter now. If the batter is a little too moist after adding the liqueur, adjust the consistency with an extra sprinkling of flour.
- 5Spread the batter over the pie filling.
- 6Cover and cook on high for 11/2 to 2 hours, or until a skewer pierced into the centre of the cobbler comes out clean.
- 7Serve with cream, custard or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Cherry Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.6
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 216.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g