Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This is another one of those "community" cookbook recipes from the phone company. The proceeds went to Relay for Life cancer walk. One of my ex-boyfriends died from lung cancer and I give to the lung assoc. and the cancer society when I can. I miss him heaps and know he would have loved this recipe. I'm posting in memory of Jamie.
- 4 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- jalapeno pepper (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients in a crock pot and set to low.
- Heat until the cheese is melted and all is hot, stirring occasionally to mix.
- Serve with warm tortilla chips or corn chips. Garnish with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese and jalapeño peppers if desired.