Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A warm and spicy soup, filled with beans, corn, tomatoes, taco seasonings, and cheese--topped off with your favorite taco toppings. This is great for football game watching or just plain eatin' on a cold wintry day!
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 medium peeled diced onion
- 2 (907.18 g) can ranch style beans (undrained) or 2 (907.18 g) can chili beans (undrained)
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 283.49 g can tomatoes and green chilies (such as RO-TEL brand, your choice of heat, undrained)
- 453.59 g can no-bean chili
- 439.41 g can corn (drained)
- 680.38 g Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 709.77 ml water
- 28.34 g packet taco seasoning
- 14.17 g packet ranch dressing mix
- Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet.
- Combine ground beef/onion mixture and all other ingredients in 5 quart Crock-Pot.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Top soup with your favorite Taco condiments: onions, tortilla chips, sour cream, sliced jalapeños, shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, etc.
To be fair I changed the recipe a little based on what I had in the pantry so keep that in mind! I omitted the onion, no-bean chili and ranch style beans and then added a can of black beans, an extra can of rotel, and used chicken broth in place of the water. We really loved the final product!! Interestingly enough we ended up eating it as a dip rather than a soup but I would say it would be really delicious either way! Oh and we used a small bag of frozen corn instead of canned because I hate the way canned corn tastes! :) Thanks for the recipe!