I work nights and crock pot recipes are lifesavers. Here is another one. Update: This recipe is also good frozen then thawed and reheated.
- Spray crock pot with Pam.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat, add onion and garlic and cook for 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pasta sauce, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Place 1 cup of sauce in crock pot.
- Add 1 package of the ravioli, top with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Top with remaining package of ravioli and 1 cup cheese.
- Pour remaining sauce over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
- Makes 10 (1 1/2 cup) servings.
- For OAMC this recipe is good frozen. I put them into sealable freezer bags and reheated in bag and all in boiling water.
This was very easy to make and my children enjoyed it. I had never made frozen raviloli before :) I had bought some on sale and decided to try this recipe. I followed the recipe as written other then I used garlic powder and minced onions instead of the glove and onion. I skipped the step of cooking on the stove. I just added everything in the crockpot (except the oil which I didn't use). I also didn't add the parsley at the end. I only had to cook mine for about four hours.
I've been making this for about a year now and just realized I hadn't rated it. I cut the recipe in half to feed 5. About half the time I use Beef Ravioli the other half Cheese Ravioli. I rarely cook it in the crockpot since I discovered that I can thaw the ravioli in the Microwave (doesn't have to be thawed all the way) Then assemble in a casserole dish and bake about 40-45mins. This is one of my "Picky eater daughter's" favorites, but we all love it. I serve with a salad and garlic bread.
I threw it all in the crockpot, but used cheese ravioli instead. My boys enjoyed this for a quick meal. Mine took 4 hours to cook, but I only used 1 pkg. of frozen ravioli, 1 jar of sauce + can. I would post a pic but it doesn't compare to Pamelas! Thanks kz for an easy meal! Made for kzbhansen cookathon 2009.