Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A creamy soup that is perfect for a crisp autumn evening.
- 6 -8 potatoes, peeled and cut bite-sized
- 2 -4 carrots, peeled and cut bite-sized
- 1⁄2 cup onion (optional)
- 2 cups celery (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 ounces Cheese Whiz
- Wash and prepare vegetables as directed.
- Place vegetables in crock pot and add enough water to cover the vegetables. Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
- An hour before serving, melt 1/2 cup butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add flour and mix well.
- Uncover vegetables and using a measuring cup, measure out 2 - 3 cups of the water from the Crock pot. Add these 2 - 3 cups of water to the flour and butter mixture on the stove top.
- If you only added 2 cups of water from the cooked vegetables, add 1 more additional cup of water.(To get the broth to your ideal consistency, you may need to add additional water or not add as much).
- Add chicken bouillon cubes to butter/flour/water mixture and dissolve well.
- Finally, add 8 ounces of Cheese Whiz to the mixture and mix till melted.
- Pour entire mixture carefully into the crock pot and cover and cook on high for at least 45 minutes.
- Serve with crusty French Bread.
AWSUME!~ OMG, Even added some broccoli and Cauliflower with the last ingredients which were cooked for only cook for 45 min. this allowed them to still be fresh tasting, but blended into the soup. AWSUME RECIPE>> thnx..