Recipe by CrissyJ76
A delicious combination of cheese, chicken, salsa and rice. I created this recipe when I needed to make dinner in the crockpot because my husband was redoing the floors in the kitchen and I had no stove to use. Thanks to him a new chicken recipe was born. I use my homemade canned salsa but any salsa will do. Also, we mostly eat chicken breast, but you can use any type of chicken. The cooking time will need adjusted longer for dark meat or chicken on the bone. There are several variations for this recipe such as adding beans, corn, mushrooms, etc. The possibilities are endless.
Top Review by meschmidt928
This was a great easy recipe! The first time I made it was for a work potluck and it was a hit and so filling. The chicken was very tender so I ended up breaking it up and shredding it then topped it with shredded cheese and sour cream.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jartostitos queso sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 3 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup broth
- 1 cup rice (I use basmati rice)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Place chicken breasts in the crockpot.
- 2. Mix together the salsa, queso dip, chicken stock, taco seasoning, garlic powder and uncooked rice.
- 3. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- 4. Cook on low for 4-5 hours Adjust cooking time depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- 5. Garnish with sour cream if desired.