4 hrs 20 mins
A delicious combination of cheese, chicken, salsa and rice. I created this recipe when I needed to make dinner in the crockpot because my husband was redoing the floors in the kitchen and I had no stove to use. Thanks to him a new chicken recipe was born. I use my homemade canned salsa but any salsa will do. Also, we mostly eat chicken breast, but you can use any type of chicken. The cooking time will need adjusted longer for dark meat or chicken on the bone. There are several variations for this recipe such as adding beans, corn, mushrooms, etc. The possibilities are endless.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Place chicken breasts in the crockpot.
- 22. Mix together the salsa, queso dip, chicken stock, taco seasoning, garlic powder and uncooked rice.
- 33. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- 44. Cook on low for 4-5 hours Adjust cooking time depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- 55. Garnish with sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock-Pot Cheesy Mexican Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.0
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 606.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: