Recipe by truebrit
I found this recipe in the 1975 edition of Crockery Cookery, and made a few adaptations. This meatloaf is so easy to put together. Pop it in the crock pot, and let it simmer all day.
Top Review by ARathkamp
I'm always looking for crock pot meals since our children are so involved in after-school activities. I was excited to make this since I thought it would be a new twist on meatloaf. I followed the recipe exactly, except substituting an envelope of onion soup mix for the chili sauce. We couldn't tell there was cheese in it. I also took another reviewers (Gabriella20 ) suggestion and added the sauce from Fav Crock Pot Meatloaf #38249. It was a nice addition, but no real new twist on meatloaf. I would make this again, since the family approved.
- 18 round cheese crackers
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced green peppers
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the crackers with a rolling pin or blender.
- In a bowl, mix together the crushed crackers, shredded cheddar, onion, green pepper, chili sauce, milk, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Mix in ground beef, and form into a 7-inch round loaf.
- Place in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until done.