Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Very easy and a quickly cooked side dish made in the crock pot: dump and go. Serve these at breakfast or as a side dish at dinner; or double the recipe and eat for dinner and serve as leftovers with tomorrow mornings breakfast. This recipe worked out great for me because I had to use up some hash brown patties; the standard ingredient usually called for in this dish is the hash browned potatoes. This recipe is courtesy of "Fix It and Forget It" crock pot cookbook.
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb hash brown, partly thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 ounces French-fried onions
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients and place in the bottom of a greased slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
I doubled this, but didn't have 2 cans of the cheddar cheese soup. I added about 8 oz of sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese to the recipe. I hate when people rate recipes after making changes, but I can tell that even if I hadn't added my own stuff, this would have been awesome! Super easy and great as leftovers. Thanks for sharing.
The family enjoyed this and said this is a keeper.It was quick and easy enough to do after a hard days work.I used durkees cheese onions.Thanks