Recipe by Targetgirl
A flexible recipe, cobbled together from what I had on hand in the cupboards and fridge after reading a few recipes for various corn chowders, that goes into the crock pot. I just made it and didn't want to lose it! The amounts on the spices are best guesses, so can be adjusted to suit your tastes and inclinations.
Top Review by Keara K.
I created my account specifically to leave this a 5 star review :D I've made this twice now and my family LOVES it! We serve it in bread bowls and it's a perfect dinner on a cold fall/winter night!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 -3 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 3 or 4 quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray, and add all ingredients except cheeses and hot pepper sauce to the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 3-4 hours.
- Check potatoes to be sure they are tender, and then stir in the cheeses and the hot pepper sauce to taste. Adjust salt and pepper to taste also.
- Once the cheeses are completely melted, it's ready to eat!