Recipe by Nif
This is a full meal with chicken, noodles and veggies. The noodles are not cooked in the crock pot. A comfort meal without the guilt. I got this from the internet but can't remember where! Enjoy!
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules (1 cube or 1 small package)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 16 ounces No Yolks egg noodle substitute, cook
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix bouillon granules, chopped parsley, and poultry seasoning; set aside. Layer in a slow cooker, in order. Canadian bacon, carrots, celery and onion. Place chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle with half of the reserved seasoning mixture. Stir soup and flour together; spoon over top. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender and juices from chicken run clear and vegetables are tender.
- Spread cooked noodles in a shallow 2 or 2 1/2 quart broiler proof serving dish. Arrange chicken on noodles. Stir soup mixture and vegetables until combined. Spoon vegetables and some of the liquid over chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 6 inches from heat source for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.