4 hrs 20 mins
Substitute all different kinds of cheese and soup to create a different flavors. You can make this using frozen chicken breasts, just brown them in a skillet from the frozen state in the bacon drippings, although cooking time will have to be increased. Cooking time is only estimated. This is an easy and fabulous crock pot recipe that can also be made in the oven too, adjust cooking time for oven baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -7 slices bacon
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- seasoning salt or white salt
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (can use two cans if desired, or use cream of mushroom soup)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (optional)
- 1 -2 cup swiss cheese, cubed into small pieces (can use Velveeta and Swiss together!)
- 1In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels then crumble (leave the bacon drippings in the pan).
- 2Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper the, brown in the bacon drippings for about 5 minutes on each side.
- 3Place the breasts in a 4-6-quart slow cooker.
- 4Sprinkle with mushrooms.
- 5In the same skillet heat the soup and Parmesan cheese with onions and garlic for 5 minutes until bubbly, then pour over the chicken and mushrooms.
- 6Cover and cook on LOW setting for about 4 hours.
- 7After about 4 hours sprinkle with the cheese cubes and bacon.
- 8Cover and cook on HIGH for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.9
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 106.5 mg
- Sodium 665.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 39.1 g