Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
So So GOOD! This is from Stephanie at 365 crock pot cooking blog: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/07/crockpot-cheesecake-recipe.html
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Find a heat-resistant dish that will fit into your crockpot for the cheesecake. You are going to create a bain marie, or water bath. I used a 1.5 qt Corning Ware dish and it fit nicely into 6qt oval. I tried a round cake pan in a 4 qt round, and that fit too. But I opted for my 6qt, because I'm more comfortable with how it heats.
- In a plastic zipper bag, beat the animal crackers into crumbs with a rolling pin. Put a cup of the crumbs into a medium bowl, and add melted butter and brown sugar. Stir until it's wet and crumby. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the dish you are going to use.
- In a separate bowl, cream the cheese, sugar, eggs, flour, cream, and vanilla with a hand-mixer. Unless you have one of those fancy Kitchen Aids. Then use that. Pour the cheese mixture on top of the crust. Lick the bowl.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup of water to the bottom of your crockpot. Lower the dish inside, being careful to not slosh water into your cheesecake.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours. Check after 1 hour, just in case. The cheesecake is done when the edges are no longer shiny and have set. Touch lightly to see that you don't get a bunch of stuff on your finger---then you know it's done. My cheesecake wasn't perfectly set in the middle, but I unplugged the crock anyhow.
- I cooked it for exactly 2 hours. Let the cheesecake sit in the cooling crockpot for an hour, before removing and transferring to the refrigerator. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours before cutting and serving.
This cheesecake is awesome! I have made it 3 times and my family just loves it! Its a winner