Recipe by Little Bee
I make these for DH and friends for Football Sunday's. They love them. They are very easy to make and everybody can help themselves and add their own condiments. Serve with chips and plenty of cold beer! They are sure to disappear! I leave the green peppers out since I hate them! This is a great recipe to take to a potluck and can easily be doubled.
Top Review by 5hungrykids
Very good but way too long of a cook time. Mine was done after 1 1/2 hours in my new crockpot. Had I used my small old one it probably would have taken closer to 3 hours. I did not use any green peppers since my family does not like them. I would also suggest to not use sweet pickle relish in this. I think next time I will add a little more cheese to this as well. But, overall, a great recipe. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 -3 tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, put through press
- 8 sandwich buns
- lettuce (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef with green pepper, onion and black pepper until beef is cooked through.
- Drain off excess fat and transfer beef to a 3 1/2 to 5-quart crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients except Hamburger buns, Lettuce and tomato.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours.
- Serve the beef on toasted sandwich buns with an assortment of condiments.