Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I'm always looking for easy meals for those busy weekdays. My husband and I both work and have two children that are very active in extracurricular school activities. I like meals that I can just throw in the crock pot before I leave for work and have dinner ready when we get home. This was something I put together and somehow it keeps getting requested.
- 680.38 g bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 680.38 g bag frozen italian style meatballs
- 566.99 g jar vodka sauce (or your favorite pasta sauce)
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 4.92 ml red pepper flakes (or reduce or add to your taste)
- 14.79 ml dried Italian seasoning, flakes
- 236.59 ml water
- 473.18 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve in bowls topped with cheese.
- Can also serve with garlic bread and a salad.
A comforting meal on a cool spring evening. Loved the smell as it cooked during the afternoon. Our store didn't have any vodka sauce so used a pasta sauce with sausages, peppers and onion. Also subbed stewed tomatoes for the tomato sauce. I added 1/2 cup each onion and red pepper, chopped, and 2 cups baby spinach leaves. Will love to make this again sometime with the vodka sauce. This is a great weeknight dinner that makes the weeknight feel special!
Love this easy meal! It's soooo easy, soooo good, and great leftovers! But I have to say I make it in 3 hours... My tortellini come out perfect and the sauce is thick because I only put in about 1 cup water not 2. I make it on like a Sunday afternoon for dinner then I can clean house and just enjoy the evening. Then I have lunch for everyone for a few days. It's great!!
I've always liked simple recipes. So when I came across this recipe of meatballs I decided to cook them in my Redmond multi cooker. Everything was so delicious! The only difference was the time of cooking: it took me about 3 hours to have the dish made.