I'm always looking for easy meals for those busy weekdays. My husband and I both work and have two children that are very active in extracurricular school activities. I like meals that I can just throw in the crock pot before I leave for work and have dinner ready when we get home. This was something I put together and somehow it keeps getting requested.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) bag frozen italian style meatballs
- 1 (20 ounce) jar vodka sauce (or your favorite pasta sauce)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or reduce or add to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning, flakes
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve in bowls topped with cheese.
- Can also serve with garlic bread and a salad.
A comforting meal on a cool spring evening. Loved the smell as it cooked during the afternoon. Our store didn't have any vodka sauce so used a pasta sauce with sausages, peppers and onion. Also subbed stewed tomatoes for the tomato sauce. I added 1/2 cup each onion and red pepper, chopped, and 2 cups baby spinach leaves. Will love to make this again sometime with the vodka sauce. This is a great weeknight dinner that makes the weeknight feel special!
I've always liked simple recipes. So when I came across this recipe of meatballs I decided to cook them in my Redmond multi cooker. Everything was so delicious! The only difference was the time of cooking: it took me about 3 hours to have the dish made.
It's not bad. I agree that 6 hours would have been too long, so I cooked it in 4. I also don't know what vodka sauce is, and so I used regular pasta sauce. We don't have frozen meatballs in the UK, so I used fresh. I would probably make it again.