Recipe by ARathkamp
I'm always looking for easy meals for those busy weekdays. My husband and I both work and have two children that are very active in extracurricular school activities. I like meals that I can just throw in the crock pot before I leave for work and have dinner ready when we get home. This was something I put together and somehow it keeps getting requested.
Top Review by woodland hues
A comforting meal on a cool spring evening. Loved the smell as it cooked during the afternoon. Our store didn't have any vodka sauce so used a pasta sauce with sausages, peppers and onion. Also subbed stewed tomatoes for the tomato sauce. I added 1/2 cup each onion and red pepper, chopped, and 2 cups baby spinach leaves. Will love to make this again sometime with the vodka sauce. This is a great weeknight dinner that makes the weeknight feel special!
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) bag frozen italian style meatballs
- 1 (20 ounce) jar vodka sauce (or your favorite pasta sauce)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or reduce or add to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning, flakes
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded