2 hrs 20 mins
I found this recipe at about.com/Southern Food when I was searching for a variation on the traditional velveeta and rotel holiday dip. I didn't have cream of mushroom, so I substituted cream of chicken. This is really YUMMY, and it's easy to carry in the crockpot to your holiday gathering.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb chuck
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 cup picante sauce or 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 3/4 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 10 1/2 ounces Rotel Tomatoes or 10 1/2 ounces other diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and sausage together. Break it up while stirring and cook until no longer pink.
- 2Drain meat well and transfer to a slow cooker.
- 3Combine salsa, garlic powder, soup, tomatoes, oregano, and cheese with the meat in slow cooker.
- 4Cook on low until cheese is melted and ingredients are well blended (about 2 hours).
- 5Serve with your favorite chips or crackers.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock-Pot Cheese Dip With Ground Beef
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.0
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 133.8 mg
- Sodium 2133.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 31.6 g