Recipe by AmyZoe
I found this recipe at about.com/Southern Food when I was searching for a variation on the traditional velveeta and rotel holiday dip. I didn't have cream of mushroom, so I substituted cream of chicken. This is really YUMMY, and it's easy to carry in the crockpot to your holiday gathering.
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb chuck
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 cup picante sauce or 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 10 1⁄2 ounces Rotel Tomatoes or 10 1⁄2 ounces other diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and sausage together. Break it up while stirring and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain meat well and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Combine salsa, garlic powder, soup, tomatoes, oregano, and cheese with the meat in slow cooker.
- Cook on low until cheese is melted and ingredients are well blended (about 2 hours).
- Serve with your favorite chips or crackers.