Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Not sure where it came from have it on an index card. This recipe can be prepared the day before in cooker insert, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. It is delicious and simple.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 -2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup celery leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (old or sharp)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- lightly grease cooker insert; layer and alternate potato slices and onion in prepared cooker. In a blender or food processor, combine celery leaves, parsley, butter, flour, salt, pepper, evaporated milk and cheddar cheese.
- Process for 1 minute or until mixture is smooth.
- Pour over potatoes and onions, sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6- 8 hours or on HIGH for 3- 4 hours, until potatoes are tender and heated through.
I made this recipe on 10/22/10 for the Crockpot Event over in KK's Forum.Since it was just myself and my SO only half the recipe was made.Except for the cutting the recipe in half it was made as written.We thought the taste was what would be called " American Classic Comfort Food ". Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :)"
I also used a 12 oz can of evaporated milk. I used lowfat (2%) evaporated milk and the potatoes were still very tasty. I cooked on low for about 5 hours. The potatoes were a big hit -- and the onions got rave reviews, too. This recipe is a winner!
This was really good and we enjoyed it with our Christmas ham. I used a 12, rather than 13, ounce can of evaporated milk because that's just how they make them! I set the pot on high for one hour, then turned to low for 4 hours. This is good and easy.