Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a great potato dish made in the crock pot.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium baking potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix soup, paprika and pepper.
- Arrange potatoes in a lightly greased crock pot in overlapping rows.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Spoon soup mixture over cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, until potatoes are tender.
- Keep warm for serving.
Very easy to make so a great dish to make when there's time to put everything in the crockpot early enough but little time for preparation. We enjoyed these with two other vegetarian dishes for a vegetarian meal, well nearly vegetarian meal. I added a finely chopped onion and 3 cloves of minced garlic (which I'd put in 1/2 teaspoon of oil in the microwave for about 30 seconds to just soften the onion, just in case slow cooking left them not quite cooked) and I added some grindings of a fabulous rosemary and sage blend that I've been using in lots of recipes lately. Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe, bmcnichol!
hubby gave this a 3 and I would agree. the only thing that bothered us was the aftertaste left by the soup, which we felt detracted from the potatoes. i'm not usually a canned soup snob, but in this case it just didn't work for us. thank you for posting nichol. made for holiday tag, please see my rating system.
These were pretty good, but not exactly what I expected. I would've liked them to have been cheesier and the pepper flavor was really strong, very spicy! Overall, I liked them ok and may make again.