Recipe by Audrey M
A convenient way to have mashed potatoes ready along with your meat when you come home from work. Prep time also includes standing time for cheese to melt.
Top Review by LainieBug
This dish was very easy to make and came out with a nice cheddar flavor. Since the cheese thickened the potatoes, I did use the full amount of milk. I also do not care for green onions, so substituted fresh chives.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 -3 ounce shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cut up potatoes and water into a slow cooker; dot with butter.
- Cook on Low for 6 hours or High for 3 hours.
- Check potatoes for doneness.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer, mash potatoes.
- After potatoes are mashed, add milk, salt and pepper.
- Whip until smooth.
- Stir in chopped green onions and cheese; blend well.
- Cover bowl with aluminium foil and place in a 200 degree oven for 15 minutes so flavors blend and cheese melts.