Recipe by k_dub
Everyone who tries this recipe loves it. It's so delicious and very easy!
Top Review by CamieRose
This Recipie is better when made with 1 lb pork roast and 1 lb beef roast, and 1/2 lb pinto beans and 1/2 lb black beans. It also works better if you use water instead of chicken broth. Pile it on top of Thick yellow corn chips like fritos or restaurant style, with lettuce tomatoes and all the other usual taco toppings.
- 1 lb dry pinto beans, presoaked
- 2 lbs pork roast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened tapioca
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 -12 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in crock pot. Cook covered, until beans are done and meat falls apart easily; about 5-6 hours on high.
- Shred pork and put on tortillas with cheddar cheese.
- Note: Tapioca is a strange ingredient but it really helps the thickness of this pork. You need to buy the Quick-Cooking tapioca that may come in a little red 8 oz box. You would find this by the jello mixes. I would guess that you could use cornstarch or flour instead of tapioca but I haven’t done that before.