Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Pork with cashews.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean pork, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 lb roasted cashews
- Brush the pork with soy sauce. Let stand 10 minutes. Add oil, garlic, and pork to crock pot.
- Top with brown sugar.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 7 hours, on high 2 to 3 hours.
- Add cashews 30 minutes before serving.
Easy to make and very good. The flavors are excellent and light. This recipe is now on our 'comfort food' list. Next time I might double the soy sauce. I cooked on low for about 7 hours and served over rice.
This turned out great and was so easy! The sauce was thin so I used corn starch to thicken it. Served it over plain white rice and added stir fry vegetables.