Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A puree of 2 tasty vegetables, savory seasoning and cream
Make and share this Crock Pot Carrot and Parsnip Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Peel carrots and parsnips and cut up coarsely.
- Chop onion and place in bowl with butter and garlic; microwave on high for 5 minutes and set aside.
- In crock pot place parsnips, carrots, broth or water, the onion mixture and cover and cook high 6 to 8 hours or until vegetables tender.
- Puree with hand blender or remove and puree in batches.
- Season to taste. Stir in desired amount of cream to color and flavor soup.
- Serve hot. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Sweet, rich, creamy and wonderfully delicious. Made this on the stovetop and it was gobbled up.