8 hrs 15 mins
A puree of 2 tasty vegetables, savory seasoning and cream
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large carrots
- 8 large parsnips
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 large onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 8 cups water or 8 cups chicken broth or 8 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
additional if desired
- 1Peel carrots and parsnips and cut up coarsely.
- 2Chop onion and place in bowl with butter and garlic; microwave on high for 5 minutes and set aside.
- 3In crock pot place parsnips, carrots, broth or water, the onion mixture and cover and cook high 6 to 8 hours or until vegetables tender.
- 4Puree with hand blender or remove and puree in batches.
- 5Season to taste. Stir in desired amount of cream to color and flavor soup.
- 6Serve hot. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Carrot and Parsnip Soup
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.0
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 72.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: