5 hrs 20 mins
Compliments of Blondie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place stew meat, 1/4 cup water, salt and pepper in crock pot.
- 2Turn heat to high and let simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- 3Drain juice from tomatoes into measuring cup.
- 4Add tomatoes, garlic, and onions to crock pot.
- 5STIR and let simmer on high for 30 minutes.
- 6Add cumin, oregano, and chili powder to crock pot and stir.
- 7Blend juice and enough water to equal 1 1/2 cups liquid and flour stir into meat/veggie mixture.
- 8Let cook on LOW for 3-4 hours until sauce is nice and thick (if you like runnier gravy three hours is good).
- 9Serve with warm flour tortillas.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Carne Guisada
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1242.3
- Calories from Fat 791
- Total Fat 87.8 g
- Saturated Fat 34.9 g
- Cholesterol 354.1 mg
- Sodium 682.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 92.7 g