Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Compliments of Blondie
Make and share this Crock Pot Carne Guisada recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs beef stew meat
- 2 (8 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies
- salt & pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 diced bell pepper
- Place stew meat, 1/4 cup water, salt and pepper in crock pot.
- Turn heat to high and let simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain juice from tomatoes into measuring cup.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, and onions to crock pot.
- STIR and let simmer on high for 30 minutes.
- Add cumin, oregano, and chili powder to crock pot and stir.
- Blend juice and enough water to equal 1 1/2 cups liquid and flour stir into meat/veggie mixture.
- Let cook on LOW for 3-4 hours until sauce is nice and thick (if you like runnier gravy three hours is good).
- Serve with warm flour tortillas.