Recipe by Sudie
This is a Tradition New Mexican recipe that I got from a contributor to Chowhound. I first served it over rice, with tortillas on the side, then made burritos with the leftovers. I used a lot of hot chile pepper, but you can adjust the heat to your liking.
- 2 lbs pork, cubed
- 15 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chile powder with water to form a thick paste.
- Blend paste, one cup onion, oregano, salt and vinegar in a blender.
- Add mixture to pork cubes in ziploc bag, along with 1/2 Cup onion and bay leaves.
- Marinate pork in mixture overnight.
- Cook in crock pot on "auto" for 8-10 hours.