Recipe by *Parsley*
Easy crock pot recipe. I usually add the optional sauerkraut if I have it on hand, but it's still good without it.
Top Review by Miss Genevieve
this was verry good we all liked it alot. I do dr up my jared sauerkraut with white wine and caraway so i dont know if it tased quite the same as yours but it was great, thank you for sharing this. I will make this often.
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1⁄2-3 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 28 ounces sauerkraut, drained (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef roast in crock pot; top with the chopped onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; pour over the roast. **If using the sauerkraut, just pour it over top.**.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or until done.
- Remove the bay leaves. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing.