Recipe by Lvs2Cook
This is one of our favorite recipes for crock pot roast. It's easy and a little different than the usual crock pot roasts. I got the recipe off the Internet and I wish I could thank the original poster for a great recipe!
Top Review by Rangerelvis
Excellent flavor! I followed this exactly except I put it in the oven at 275 degrees for about 4 hours. The apple juice and Apple cider vinegar added a very nice flavor to the meat. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1133.98 g boneless chuck roast
- salt and pepper
- 14.79 ml oil
- 4 medium onions, sliced
- 236.59 ml beef broth
- 118.29 ml apple juice
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meat, remove from frying pan to plate.
- Add oil to pan and cook onions until brown.
- Add broth, juice, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard to onions in pan.
- Put half of the onion mixture in crock pot and place the roast on top.
- Cover with the rest of the onions.
- Cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours.