Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This is one of our favorite recipes for crock pot roast. It's easy and a little different than the usual crock pot roasts. I got the recipe off the Internet and I wish I could thank the original poster for a great recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless chuck roast
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Brown the meat, remove from frying pan to plate.
- Add oil to pan and cook onions until brown.
- Add broth, juice, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard to onions in pan.
- Put half of the onion mixture in crock pot and place the roast on top.
- Cover with the rest of the onions.
- Cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours.
Excellent flavor! I followed this exactly except I put it in the oven at 275 degrees for about 4 hours. The apple juice and Apple cider vinegar added a very nice flavor to the meat. Thanks for a great recipe.
What a wonderful rich tasting roast! I also did mine in the oven (300 degrees for about 4 hrs.) I thickened the gravy at the end, great the next day for sandwiches. Thanks.
My husband loved the gravy--said he didn't often go back to get more gravy, but this time he would. Thank you, Lvs2Cook.