Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From Linda Larsen,Your Guide to Busy Cooks at About.com. This rich and delicious rice pudding that cooks in your slow cooker is true comfort food.
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray inside of 3 quart crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until liquid is absorbed and mixture is thickened.
- Stir well. Serve warm.
I wanted to try a different rice pudding and I am glad I did this one. It was sooooo good. I could have eaten a whole lot more, but I restrained myself! Due to my personal preferences, I left the raisins out. I like that it cooks in the crockpot--so easy. Thanks!
Very quick and easy to put together. I didn't add the sugar - it was more than sweet enough !! If you're in the mood for comfort food, this is it !