Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
These are so delicious they shouldn't just be reserved for Halloween!
- Place caramels and water in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 to 1 1/2 hours on high, stirring frequently.
- Wash and dry apples.
- Remove stems from apple and insert stick into stem end.
- Turn control on low.
- Dip apple into hot caramel and turn to coat entire surface.
- Holding apple above pot, scrape off excess accumulation of caramel from bottom apple.
- Place on greased wax paper to cool.
I can't believe that I have not yet reviewed this. We made these in the fall and had so much fun! They were sticky, but not so sticky that you couldn't eat them. They were delicious. Thank you so much for sharing this!
I made this for a Halloween Party. I thought the kids might like to dunk the apples. They were too busy with running around like little sugar-crazed maniacs to do that, but many of them were happy to take one home that I had dunked. If I do them again next year, I'll just make them ahead. There was one left over that I got to eat. It was REALLY good! Thank you!
wow! this was soooooooooooooooooooooo good