4 hrs 20 mins
White beans, black beans, green chilies and chick-peas, make this chili unique. Another favorite from my "Reflections Under the Sun" cookbook from the junior league of Phoenix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 chicken breasts (cut in strips)
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (15 ounce) can white corn (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed)
- 1 (8 ounce) canned diced green chiles (chopped)
- 3 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat, saute onion and cumin until soft; add chicken; saute cooked through; transfer to a slow cooker.
- 2Add white beans,chick-peas,corn,black beans, chiles, water & bouillon cubes, mix well.
- 3Cook on High for 4 hours ( or on stove top at a simmer for 1 1/2 hrs.).
- 4Garnish with chopped tomatoes, sour cream, avocado, chopped cilantro, shredded cheese or tortillas.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Calico Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Sodium 693.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 23.7 g