Recipe by BakinBaby
White beans, black beans, green chilies and chick-peas, make this chili unique. Another favorite from my "Reflections Under the Sun" cookbook from the junior league of Phoenix.
Top Review by nemokitty
We loved this dish! All of the ingredients were up our alley so I knew I picked a winner. I made mine in the crockpot and used chicken broth instead of the water and bouillon cubes. Delicious! Made for PAC Spring 2011.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 chicken breasts (cut in strips)
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (15 ounce) can white corn (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed)
- 1 (8 ounce) canned diced green chiles (chopped)
- 3 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat, saute onion and cumin until soft; add chicken; saute cooked through; transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add white beans,chick-peas,corn,black beans, chiles, water & bouillon cubes, mix well.
- Cook on High for 4 hours ( or on stove top at a simmer for 1 1/2 hrs.).
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, sour cream, avocado, chopped cilantro, shredded cheese or tortillas.