Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
White beans, black beans, green chilies and chick-peas, make this chili unique. Another favorite from my "Reflections Under the Sun" cookbook from the junior league of Phoenix.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 chicken breasts (cut in strips)
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (15 ounce) can white corn (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed)
- 1 (8 ounce) canned diced green chiles (chopped)
- 3 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat, saute onion and cumin until soft; add chicken; saute cooked through; transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add white beans,chick-peas,corn,black beans, chiles, water & bouillon cubes, mix well.
- Cook on High for 4 hours ( or on stove top at a simmer for 1 1/2 hrs.).
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, sour cream, avocado, chopped cilantro, shredded cheese or tortillas.
We loved this dish! All of the ingredients were up our alley so I knew I picked a winner. I made mine in the crockpot and used chicken broth instead of the water and bouillon cubes. Delicious! Made for PAC Spring 2011.