Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
The second time I made this, I spread the dip on flour tortillas, rolled them up, and cut them into bite-size hors d'oeuvres - delicious!
- 1 lb crabmeat, picked over
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, drained
- garlic powder, to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté onions and red pepper in butter.
- Place in a crock pot along with the tomatoes, seasonings and cheese.
- Cook on high until cheese is melted.
- Add crabmeat and cook on low for approximately 60 minutes.
I made this for the Zaar Cookathon/4th of July cookout. My family/guest knocked this out in no time. I really liked the combination of Velveeta/M. Jack cheese. Made for a very rich creamy base. Just enough heat to perk up the taste buds but not burn our mouths. Very nice and I can't wait for the opportunity to make it again. Thanks.
Such a great dip to make when you want to carry it somewhere. Crock Pot comes in real handy for that! I went to a birthday party and everyone had to bring a dish, so I thought this would be great. Everyone loved this, and the pot was empty in no time! I had French bread pieces and pita chips to dip with. This is a new one that I will keep in mind for future functions, as it was so well received!
I would make again but I would substitute more mont. jack (or another CHEESE) in place of some of the velveeta. I'm not a huge fan of velveeta and think this recipe would taste better if it had less in it. Liked the crabmeat!