Wonderful creole type dish! This is so little in fat too!
Make and share this Crock Pot Cajun Chicken and Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, chopped and undrained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 lb shelled shrimp, deveined and cleaned
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- hot sauce, to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Put all into crock pot except for last 4 ingredients with thighs at bottom.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours.
- In last hour of cooking add shrimp, hot sauce, and lemon juice.
- Serve over rice.