Recipe by niswonger79
This is a little bit like Red Lobster Cajun Chicken Alfredo. It is a new family favorite!
Top Review by ThespiSis
This was good, but it was way too salty and not creamy enough to my taste (too thick). I used chicken broth instead of water and bouillon because I don't like bouillon's saltiness and used a recipe for cream of chicken soup since I didn't have any and didn't put any salt in it, and it was *still* too salty. I guess the culprit is the soup mix. Next time I will use low sodium broth and low sodium cream of chicken x2 (didn't care for the cream of mushroom) and will add milk when I add the Parmesan so that I can try to cut back on the saltiness and thin out the sauce. Also, the recipe doesn't specify when to add the pasta, and adding it at the same time as everything else didn't seem right, so I followed other directions online for crock pot pasta that say to add them the last hour. That seemed to work okay, but it also didn't help the thickness of the sauce, so I'm going to cook it separately next time.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 -2 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- canned mushroom
- 8 ounces parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat the chicken in the Cajun seasoning and throw everything in the crock pot on low for 4-5 hours. (I find it best to heat the cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds and then mix the soups with the cream cheese).
- Add the Parmesan cheese an hour before serving. Linguini noodles are my favorite pasta to use with this dish, but any pasta will do. Hope you enjoy as much as we do!