Recipe by M. Joan
I got this recipe from my daughter-in-law. She in turn got it from her friend, Dan, so where it originated is not known. This is my very favorite bean recipe and hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
My husband adores you,he loved this bean recipe.I did too but I am not wild about the cajun spice in it,I ain't crazy about real spicy recipes,but the recipe is great. It sure made the house smell good when I was cooking it.Thank you so much,Darlene
- 2 (16 ounce) cansof bush baked beans, drained
- 5 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, any barbecue sauce will do
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, to taste (I use Toni's)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the green pepper and onions in a little bacon grease before adding all ingredients to a crock pot.
- Cook for 6 to 8 hours on low.
- Note: Crock pots cook differently; I usually cook for less time than recipe calls for.
- The preparation time is approximate.
- Note: I double the amount of beans the recipe calls for to temper the hot seasoning. A personal preference.