6 hrs 30 mins
M. Joan's Note:
I got this recipe from my daughter-in-law. She in turn got it from her friend, Dan, so where it originated is not known. This is my very favorite bean recipe and hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (16 ounce) cans of bush baked beans, drained
- 5 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, any barbecue sauce will do
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, to taste (I use Toni's)
- 1Saute the green pepper and onions in a little bacon grease before adding all ingredients to a crock pot.
- 2Cook for 6 to 8 hours on low.
- 3Note: Crock pots cook differently; I usually cook for less time than recipe calls for.
- 4The preparation time is approximate.
- 5Note: I double the amount of beans the recipe calls for to temper the hot seasoning. A personal preference.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Cajun Beans
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.4
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 1081.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 10.3 g