Recipe by MellyBelly
A very Hearty dish, that is easy to put together. You can finish plating this dish with either a dallop of sour cream, or by sprinkling some grated parmesan and mozzerella cheeses on top.
Top Review by Burgundy Damsel
This certainly made a generous amount of food, but I found it lacking in flavor as posted. It was very bland, but a good base recipe. When doctored with some crushed red pepper and a generous dose of other Italian spices it turned out quite well.
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped white onion
- 4 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups of sliced carrots
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 lb penne pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In your crock pot mix chicken broth, white wine, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, onions and herbs.
- Lightly brown chicken tenders in a pan, and cut into bite size pieces.
- Add carrots, mushrooms, and chicken to crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Prepare pasta according to box, and plate cacciatore over pasta when ready to serve.