Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A simple to make ground turkey version of cabbage rolls made in a crock pot.
Make and share this Crock Pot Cabbage Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Put cabbage in boiling water. Simmer for 5-10 minutes; cool. (You can do this the day before and refrigerate the cabbage.).
- While cabbage is cooking, in a bowl mix turkey, rice, egg, onion, carrot, salt, and pepper.
- In another bowl, mix vinegar, brown sugar, and tomato sauce.
- Once cabbage is cooled, remove 12 large leaves.
- Chop remaining cabbage and place in the bottom of a crock-pot.
- Put 2-4 tablespoons of meat mixture in center of each cabbage leaf.
- Roll up, envelope style, and secure with a toothpick.
- Place seam side down in crock-pot.
- Pour tomato sauce mixture over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
This was easy to prepare but did use lots of bowls. I prepared it the night before and put it in the fridge- then put it in the crock pot when I left for work. My family (husband and two teenagers) loved it! I even omitted the salt and used 1/4 cup of brown sugar instead of a half. Thanks for a great recipe.
This was ok. The meat was a little dry and the rice a little crunchy. I think I would cook the rice before stuffing cabbage. I also didnt have any tomato sauce so I used a can of tomato soup. The sauce for this was wonderful. I love sweet sauces. Will try and make again.