Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This recipe is posted by request and was found on the net. No name attached.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup tomato soup, divided
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄3 cup tomato juice
- In a large skillet brown together the beef, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook to done.
- Add to this the tomato sauce, 1/2 can of soup and mix well.
- Add the rice and water and mix well.
- In your crock pot layer 1/2 meat mixture, 1/2 cabbage.
- Mix together the remaining soup and tomato juice.
- Slowly pour over mixture in crock.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours, or low for 8-10 hours.
My family is not really fond of cabbage but I am so I thought I would try this recipe. I thought it was a bland and very boring meal. I won't be making this again.
I took M&Mers advice & added the onion soup mix & Worchestershire sauce. I also added a few drops of hot sauce & some of Emeril's Essence to the top. It was yummy, & will definitely make the recipe again. Thanks!
This was a big hit at dinner. I ended up making it on the stove top instead of in the crock pot. And left the rice out of the dish. (I did serve it over steamed rice)This one is a keeper...especially for a winter comfort food. It does freeze well...and tastes even better reheated. Next time I may add a few cloves of garlic and use beef broth instead of the water. Thanks for a simple way to get that cabbage roll flavor!