Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A family favorite, and they don't even mind the cabbage!
- 4 cups cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄3 cups long grain rice
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes (canned)
- 28 ounces tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- Brown ground turkey.
- In crock pot, layer chopped cabbage, chopped onion, rice, and ground turkey.
- In bowl, mix together diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, brown sugar, salt and pepper, and mustard. Pour over top of layers.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, then on low for about 4 hours. (Use best judgement, every crock pot is different.).
- Enjoy! :).
Made it for the second time in a month due to my family requesting it again. I did use ground sausage instead of turkey, and added more vegetables on top on the onion layer (mushrooms and celery). The recipe does not specify, but make sure you cook the rice prior to putting it in the crockpot. This will be in the regular rotation at my house, especially in the fall and winter!
This recipe was really good. My family loved it. I added two cans of stewed tomatoes instead of the diced tomatoes, brown sugar and tomato sauce because I love the flavor. Didn't have the dry mustard so I just added some regular mustard to the pot. It is such a good meal! This is a keeper. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Really yummy! I loved the tangy flavor. I used quite a bit more cabbage, just to use it up, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. Thanx for sharing this delicious and easy crockpot recipe. I'll make this again.