Prep 15 mins
Cook 144 hrs
A wonderful comfort food dish from your crock pot.
- 1 (1 lb) packageshredded coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots, about 6 cups)
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 (26 ounce) canchunky reduced-fat spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Place 1/2 of the cabbage and carrots in a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Crumble ground beef over top.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Evenly distribute onion, then rice over all.
- Top with remaining cabbage, salt, and pepper.
- Combine spaghetti sauce, water, basil, and seasoned salt; pour over cabbage.
- Cover and cook on LOW 5-6 hours or until rice is tender.
This goes together in a flash, and the crock pot does all the work! Kind of like an unstuffed cabbage roll. Very good!