Recipe by Eclipsante
I found this recipe in a cook book that I bought from the local high school marching band booster club. This is a great way to cook butternut squash, and it's very easy to make. Use a large, wide round or oval crock pot for best results.
- 1 large butternut squash, about 3 to 4 pounds
- 1 cup apple juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter the butternut squash lengthwise, cut stem off, and scoop out seeds. Pour the apple juice into the slow cooker.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a cup or small bowl.
- Put two of the squash quarters, cut side up, in the slow cooker. Drizzle with about half of the butter-brown sugar mixture.
- Place the remaining two squash quarters on the first ones and drizzle with remaining butter-brown sugar mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until squash is tender.