1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Burrito Meat
12 hrs 15 mins
Rachael's Kitchen Goodies's Note:
Simple, easy, delicious. Perfect for a family movie night & dinner together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs beef roast (chicken can be substituted ) or 5 lbs pork roast, fat trimmed (chicken can be substituted )
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 (4 -5 lb) roasting chickens
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or one envelope taco seasoning)
- 1Add only 1/2 cup of water and the roast to crockpot.
- 2Cover and cook on LOW setting 6-8 hours, until meat is tender and falling apart.
- 3Remove roast from crockpot, allow to cool slightly; shred the meat, removing any remaining fat.
- 4Remove any liquid from the crockpot and reserve it.
- 5Place the meat back in the crockpot and season with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and/or taco seasonings of your choice. Mix well to coat meat.
- 6Let this cook on LOW setting for about 3-4 hours. If the meat is very lean and dries out, use some of the reserved liquid to moisten it a bit.
- 7Serve with warm flour tortillas, salsa, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, chopped tomato, chopped onion, chopped cilantro, sour cream and/or guacamole.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Burrito Meat
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.2
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 224.8 mg
- Sodium 319.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 74.5 g