Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A comforting beef stew. Great for fall and winter dinners by the fire.
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups Burgundy wine
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 -3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Dust beef with flour.
- Brown meat, onions and garlic in olive oil. Remove from pan.
- Add wine and soup, stirring to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place meat mixture in crock pot and top with wine and soup.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over white, brown, or wild rice.
Nice dish--family friendly for those of us raising young toddlers. My 20 month old and 3 1/2 year old loved it.
This is great!!! I love crock pot recipes. I didn't have a can of cream of mushroom soup, so I used cream of celery. I was going to serve this over rice, but DH insisted on noodles... Didn't have egg noodles, so we had this on gemelli. LOL! DD loved the sauce, she kept dipping her noodles in it. DH said it needed salt, but I thought the stew was plenty salty. A very good recipe that I'm sure we'll make again. Thanks! :)