Recipe by M. G.
Absolute hot wing flavor....do it my way or sub the sauce with one you like! So easy and delicious!
Top Review by mariannef2
Though this recipe will make the wings VERY soft to the point where some fall apart, you will have to make another batch of buffalo wing sauce (follow recipe on Franks hot sauce) to put on these after they are done. The sauce that they cook in turns watery/oily, and you cannot use it. Very expensive sauce to just throw out. I broiled them after I took them out of the crockpot because they did not even resemble traditional wings nor did they have any flavor. I was expecting guests for the Superbowl so ran to the store and bought a large bottle of Franks Hot Sauce, mixed it with softened butter, and poured it on top. WHEW! Next time I will season the wings, broil them, put the Franks sauce/butter mixture on, and that's it! Tastes much better, saves time.
- 1 (4 lb) bagfrozen chicken drumsticks or 1 (4 lb) bag chicken wings
- 2 (12 ounce) bottlesfranks buffalo wing sauce
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onions or 2 tablespoons dried onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except the chicken in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer. (I use Franks Buffalo Sauce but you can use any Hot Sauce or Buffalo Sauce.).
- Place chicken in crock pot and pour heated sauce over the top. Cook on low or high. (Just depends on how fast you want to eat them.).
- When chicken is cooked through, scoop (with a slotted spoon) onto a cookie sheet.
- Broil on hi for 10-15 minutes (my husband likes these best when I sprinkle a dry rub over the wings before placing them in the oven. It helps hold the sauce in place and makes a slightly crispy coat). Just use any dry meat rub.Cajun, Jerk, Garlic etc. and add your own special touch!