1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup
6 hrs 10 mins
I just made this for dinner. I took two recipes to make one. It was mild, really gives you the flavors but not over powering. You can add more wing sauce or hot sauce to make it spicier if you like. Because the kids were eating this too I didn't make it hot (in flavor). I served with a salad. I hit one out of the ball park my son said.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18-709.77 ml cooked chicken (I used 6 chicken thighs baked in oven)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 stalk celery, chopped
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml flour
- 591.47 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 295.73 ml chicken stock (I use homemade stock)
- 170.09 g Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 177.44 ml buffalo wing sauce (I used Budwiser brand)
- 2.46 ml celery seed
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1I used a 5 to 6 quart crockpot.
- 2Make a roux with the flour and butter. I use the stove top. But you can use the microwave. Set aside.
- 3Chop up the onion and celery, and dump it into your crockpot. Add the cooked chicken. Pour in the chicken broth and milk. Add Velveeta.
- 4Stir in the flour and butter mixture. Add hot sauce.
- 5Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4. The soup is done when the celery and onion reach desired tenderness and the flavors have melded.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.4
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 87.3 mg
- Sodium 639.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
buffalo wing sauce