Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I saw this recipe on a parenting forum and modified it. You can sub low fat ingredients, but please don't use fat free. Adjust the hot wing sauce to your liking (heat and amount) I actually add more than 1/2 cup. Enjoy!
- 1 lb chicken breast, bite size pieces
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce (like for buffalo wings)
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups penne, uncooked
- Season chicken salt and pepper and put it in the crock.
- Add the chicken soup and hot sauce and stir.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-3.
- Stir in cheeses and sour cream and turn off the crock pot.
- Boil pasta according to package instructions, drain well and add to the chicken/sauce mixture.
- Stir well and serve!
Great slow cooker recipe. I used ground chicken breast and browned it part way , just to speed up the cooking time. My family thought it tasted just like hot wings and blue cheese dip. I purchased the blue cheese by the pound off the salad bar at our local grocery store. $4.99 per pound and 4oz of the pre-packaged blue cheese was $3.89. The half cup cost me about 0.75 cents.
This was REALLY good! I just put my chicken breasts in whole and frozen, in about 4 hours the chicken was so tender that it shredded in the crock pot super easy! We ate ours over noodles and I think maybe it would be better as a dip for crackers or maybe even bread chunks. We'll definitely make it again, but maybe next time not as the main dinner dish, as a dip for the next party. YUMMY!
OMG this was so fantastic! I already had leftover cooked chicken from a rotisserie chicken so I instead just made the sauce, heated it through and threw the cooked shredded chicken in the sauce! I made it with pasta but I would use it as a dip too, or maybe for a wrap filler or in a pita! The only changes I made were using more hot sauce "Frank's" and using the leftover taco cheese I had which was about 2-3 oz which is less than the amount of Mozzerella but I liked the flavor better, it gave it a little more zest. Anyway, addicting, simple, thanks for posting! I love it!