Recipe by newmama
I saw this recipe on a parenting forum and modified it. You can sub low fat ingredients, but please don't use fat free. Adjust the hot wing sauce to your liking (heat and amount) I actually add more than 1/2 cup. Enjoy!
Top Review by Posiespocketbook
Great slow cooker recipe. I used ground chicken breast and browned it part way , just to speed up the cooking time. My family thought it tasted just like hot wings and blue cheese dip. I purchased the blue cheese by the pound off the salad bar at our local grocery store. $4.99 per pound and 4oz of the pre-packaged blue cheese was $3.89. The half cup cost me about 0.75 cents.
- 1 lb chicken breast, bite size pieces
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce (like for buffalo wings)
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups penne, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken salt and pepper and put it in the crock.
- Add the chicken soup and hot sauce and stir.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-3.
- Stir in cheeses and sour cream and turn off the crock pot.
- Boil pasta according to package instructions, drain well and add to the chicken/sauce mixture.
- Stir well and serve!