Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is THE BEST buffalo chicken dip. I have brought this to many parties and it gets finished up quickly. It is great for those watching their carbs. If you use reduced fat products, it's not bad for those watching their fat.
- 2 (10 ounce) canschunk canned chicken, drained
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) box crackers
- Heat chicken and buffalo wing sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.
- Stir in cream cheese and blue cheese dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.
- Mix in 1 cup of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with celery sticks and crackers.
Ahhh yes. This recipe is great. One difference, though, is that I just put it everything in the crockpot (and don't bother with the skillet). I also leave a bit of shredded cheese to mix in later for when it's been heated a while. The mixture for my small (2 qt?) crockpot comes to 1 cup chicken, 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, 8 oz cream cheese (softened), 1/2 cup dressing, 3/4 cup shredded cheese (or maybe a little more).
I made this for my company picnic, along with 4 others types of dips, and it was delicious! Everyone loved it and it was the first dip to run out. I did use fresh chicken breasts instead of canned. We have dip parties at work and I'm always expected to bring this. Huge hit with the kids too!
This was awesome!!! was what my DH said. Took it to a party and there was nothing left. Made it pretty close to the directions except I heated things in the microwave and put it on high first to finish heating through as I was running late on time. Making it again for New Year's. Definite keeper recipe!