Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe is from a Pillsbury Slow Cooker cookbook. If you don't have buffalo wing sauce, you can use a mixture of 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne).
- 1133.98 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 236.59 ml carrot, chopped
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml buffalo wing sauce
- crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Spray a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In cooker, mix all ingredients except buffalo wing sauce and cheese.
- Cover; cook on low heat setting 8-10 hours.
- Stir in buffalo wing sauce.
- Serve sprinkled with blue cheese, if desired.
I substituted chicken breasts because I don't care for dark meat, but otherwise made this exactly as written. It was different but good- like a warm bowl of melty buffalo wings! I ate the left overs over lettuce and veggies w/ blue cheese dressing as a taco salad of sorts.
Wow, surprisingly good! :) I too used chicken breasts that I put in whole and shredded them near the end of the cooking. I topped with sour cream, cheese, and green onions. Really good and mild flavor - even my 3 year old tried this! Thanks for sharing.
Delish! I used 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, added some salt, and cooked on high for 2 1/2 hours. So good!