Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 2 lbs round steaks
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- Cut steak into 1/4-inch strips. Coat with salt and pepper.
- Drop into the bottom of a crock pot with onion.
- Mix garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon, and catsup.
- Pour over the meat. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until tender.
- Turn control to high. Add wine and mushrooms.
- Dissolve flour in small amount of water.
- Add to meat mixture, stirring until blended.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in sour cream; turn off heat. Serve with rice or noodles.
3/12/02: We liked this very much and will make it again. Thanks. Update: Made this with portabello mushrooms, cut into chunks. I thought the mushrooms needed to be cook more. Will saute them first or add to crockpot sooner next time. I also switched the garlic salt for garlic powder.
Very good recipe. I added about 1 Tb of dijon mustard to give it an extra little kick. I'll definitely use this recipe again.